Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sometimes we seem to have regret our actions, but on deep thought, it actually isn't the case. Just because our heart wavers and feeling towards a certain object or event or even someone changes, it's natural to think that the reaction would be permanent. However, it is often puzzling how the regret or feeling can undo itself. So then, the reaction is no longer permanent.



Since the reaction is not permanent, is the regret there?



I often tell myself not to regret what I've done. Apparently, I've missed out on a whole bunch of opportunities. And of course, I feel a little regretful. It's natural, eh? Somehow, I always feel a little uncomfortable having even small regrets in my life. So, I always tell myself that I've got no regrets. In the end, it seems like it's all self-deception.




Even with all those regrets, I still stand by my own decisions and respect how others view it. I'm still happy. I managed to convince myself that I should stand by my decision no matter what, no matter how wrong it may be. Honestly, I spend a great deal of time on that. Not to mean that I've got a lot of regrets. It's that, I tend to be unable to let go of things easily.




I've been clinging onto something that I should have let go of long ago. And I don't think I'm ready to release and let it leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment